Gitcoin Web3 World Hackathon: 90% of RSK Bounties Fulfilled with IOV Labs as Main Sponsor
After the hackathon we were pleased to find out that we were the biggest sponsor for the event. We had the most bounties available for participants to tackle, and also had the largest total bounty amount!
RSK bounties were just over a third of the total by count, and just under a half of the total by amount.
We were amazed by the quality of the participants as well. Thanks to zyfrank, bruce-forks, mraof, levalleux-ludo, atoulme, bakaoh, and CoeJoder for your excellent work! Your work has contributed the following to RSK:
- RSKIP-145: Struct Transaction Format
- RSKIP-138: Multi-signed transactions supporting enveloping and multi-key accounts
- Parallel transaction executions based on RSKIP144
- Faster blockchain synchronization
- EIP-152: Add BLAKE2 compression function `F` precompile
- RLPx extension for compression using Snappy
- Native keccak256 Implementation
- Native alt_bn128 ECC precompiles
- Add UPnP Support
Each bounty is an issue on Github, detailing the task to be completed, along with a pre-committed bounty amount. The bounties that we posted were quite large and complex, and most of them required an intricate understanding of the internals of RSKj. In spite of this, we had 90% of our bounties fulfilled.
We were very impressed with the quality of the developer community on Gitcoin – and we would love to post more bounties on the platform in the future. Meanwhile, we’re open to community contributions to RSKj. A huge thanks to the Gitcoin team for organising such a great event!